Business 80 (also known as the Capital City Freeway) is a business loop of Interstate 80 (I-80) through Sacramento, California. The route is also colloquially referred to as “Cap City Freeway” and “Biz 80”. The entire route is a freeway.
Business 80 begins at I-80 in downtown Sacramento and https://www.peerclick.net/ clockwise loop around the city. The route intersects with several major highways, including US Route 50 (US 50), Interstate 5 (I-5), and Interstate 580 (I-580). Business 80 ends at I-80 in North Highlands.
The route was originally part of mainline I-80 through Sacramento. However, in the early 1980s, the I-80 designation was moved to a northern bypass of the city that had previously been signed I-880. The former routing of I-80 through Sacramento was then designated as Business 80.
Business 80 is a major route for commuters and tourists in Sacramento. The route provides access to many of the city’s major attractions, including the State Capitol, Golden 1 Center, and the California State Railroad Museum.
Here are some of the things you can do along Business 80 in Sacramento:
- Visit the State Capitol: The State Capitol is the seat of government for the state of California. It is located at 10th and L Streets in downtown Sacramento.
- See a show at Golden 1 Center: Golden 1 Center is a multi-purpose arena in downtown Sacramento. It is home to the Sacramento Kings NBA team and the Sacramento Republic FC MLS team.
- Explore the California State Railroad Museum: The California State Railroad Museum is a museum in Old Sacramento. It houses a collection of locomotives, cars, and other railroad artifacts.
- Take a walk through William Land Park: William Land Park is a large park in Sacramento. It is home to a variety of attractions, including the Sacramento Zoo, the Leland Stanford Mansion State Historic Park, and the Fairytale Town amusement park.
If you are planning on driving on Business 80 in Sacramento, here are some things to keep in mind:
- The route can be congested during rush hour and on weekends.
- There are several construction projects underway on Business 80. Be prepared for delays.
- Be aware of the speed limit, which is 65 mph in most areas.
- Obey all traffic laws and signs.
Business 80 is a convenient way to get around Sacramento. With its many attractions and easy access to major highways, it is a great option for commuters, tourists, and anyone else who needs to get around the city.