When contractors move to a new location to work on a project, it is important to factor in various costs like travel, accommodation, and living expenses. When looking for options of accommodation, it is important to do some research to make sure that it meets all your requirements. You have to determine if it has all the facilities and still falls within the budget and proximity to the work site. In this article, we will give you tips on how to choose the most suitable contractor accommodation.
Types of Accommodation
In order to choose the best accommodation, you should know the options you have when you move to a city.
- Hotel: They are usually located in city centres, but the drawback of hotels, especially for contractors, is that they don’t have kitchenette facilities. They are also quite expensive.
- B&B and Airbnb: Although you might get kitchenette facilities in both these options, they usually don’t offer the same level of privacy that is provided in serviced apartments. Besides, the services are better suited for leisure guests.
- Serviced Accommodation: They are the best option for contractors because they provide all the comforts of a home. The only thing you might have to consider is housekeeping. The size of serviced apartments can range from a studio (for 1 person) to large 5-bedroom apartments for group accommodation.
- Rental Accommodation: This type of accommodation consists of short-term lets and it is the best option as far as cost-effectiveness is concerned. They usually have a lower starting cost and are also tax-deductible.
Tips for Choosing the Best Accommodation
- Location: Choose accommodation that is nearer to the worksite. This will help in saving the expenses on the commute, thereby bringing down the overall cost of the accommodation.
- Internet: Inquire if the accommodation provides high-speed Internet facilities to the guests. Some facilities charge extra for the internet. If this is the case, you have to factor in the cost of Internet facilities in your living arrangement too.
- Parking: If you have your personal car, it is important to make sure that the accommodation has in-house parking. If there is no in-house parking, look for nearby parking facilities.
- Budget: Consider the cost-effectiveness of the accommodation and see whether it fits your budget. It is best to rule out hotels and Airbnb, as they are not well-suited to meet the needs of the contractors, and neither are they cost-effective.
- Other Facilities: Make sure that the accommodation provides all the basic facilities like Television, laundry, breakfast options and more.
Contractors often have to travel to different parts of the country for work, so it is important to equip oneself with the knowledge of choosing the right accommodation. If you are looking for contractor accommodation in the UK, then the best choice is Trade Stays. We provide bespoke contractor accommodation and corporate housing options at the best prices. To know more, contact us today!